The Perfect Place – Friday Fictioneers

“I don’t think it’s open.”

“Of course, it isn’t,” Jake said. “That’s why it’s the perfect place.”

Kathy slammed the car door shut. “You promised

PHOTO PROMPT © Jean L. Hays

me a night I’d never forget. This place is a dump and it looks abandoned.”

Jake ushered her to the entrance. “Trust me, you’ll never forget it.” He opened the front door and waved her inside.

“It’s unlocked?” Kathy narrowed her eyes. “Who leaves a business unlocked?”

Jake winked. “Someone who doesn’t care anymore.”

She peeked inside, then hesitated. “I’m not sure this is a good idea.”

Jake produced a knife. “Trust me, it is.”

100 Words

About Shirley McCann

Shirley McCann is a tea drinker and avid reader. She lives in Springfield, MO with her two children and five grandchildren.

20 Responses to The Perfect Place – Friday Fictioneers

1. Dear Shirley,

I almost hate to click like. Ominous and it doesn’t look like a good outcome for her. Well written.

Shalom,

Rochelle

2. Dale says:

I didn’t like him from the get-go! Great pace, wonderfully written.
    Run, Kathy! (Though it be too late…)

3. Definitely too late. Thanks for reading.

4. Nobbinmaug says:

I don’t think it’s a good idea at all.

Liked by 1 person

5. draliman says:

I can’t help thinking Kathy’s not the first that Jake has taken to his “special place”. Nice one!

Liked by 1 person

6. granonine says:

Oh, no! I always wonder how these horrible psychopaths manage to lure their victims. Surface charm, I guess.

Liked by 1 person

7. I had a bad feeling about this as I was reading, and then that chilling closing line…!!

Susan A Eames at
    Travel, Fiction and Photos

Liked by 1 person

8. Violet Lentz says:

You conveyed his ill intent from the beginning, this was very well written.

9. Sandra says:

I think the evening is going downhill fast. Grim ending.

Liked by 1 person

10. subroto says:

Uh! Oh! Looks like this is his perfect place and he has been here before. Unless that knife doubles up as a bottle opener, it’s not looking good for her.

Liked by 1 person

11. Iain Kelly says:

She certainly won’t forget that night – she won’t have time too by the sounds of it.

Liked by 1 person

12. gahlearner says:

Ugh, that sounds like a one-in-a-lifetime night. Great build-up to the scary ending.

Liked by 1 person

13. Well, it is going to be a night she’ll not likely remember. Chilling piece. Well written, Shirley.